Thursday, July 26, 2012

Appreciation

I am at the age where I actually stop and take stock of my life.

And believe it or not, there are quite a few things I appreciate about it:

  • My nephew and godchildren think I am cool. 
  • My boyfriend is much younger than me. 
  • I can bounce out of bed in the mornings if I am not hungover.  Well bounce is slightly exaggerated. 
  • I can roll out of bed in the morning when I am hungover. Hitting the floor still smarts though.
  • Instead of throwing plates, I err on the side of laughter. And therefore, keep my dishes.
  • I can still fit in my skinny jeans from three years ago. Still can't breathe in them either.
  • My tits are still riding kind of high. Even without the six inch foam pad. 
  • I love freely. Not free love; just loving without requiring a deposit. 
  • I can't do dairy, so I do vodka. Perfect replacement. 
  • I have regulated my swearing to begin at 12 p.m. instead of 12 a.m.   
  • My skin still looks pretty good and tight. Thanks Mom and Dad. 
  • My hair is not thinning nor falling out. Yet. 
  • I really like yoga. Seriously. 
  • I don't get carded but I do get 'checked out'.
  • Still smart as a whip. When I can remember shit.
  • Can't do white wine but red is just fine. 
  • My sweet tooth seems to have fallen out. Yay. 
  • Instead of a fast boil anger (going from zero to one hundred sixty in mere seconds), I do a slow simmer. And warn you in advance. 
  • I still enjoy sex. A lot. 
  • The gym and I continue to not have a relationship. And I am fine with that. The gym has no choice. 
  • I love the family and friends who are with me at this point in my journey. I have great taste in people. 
Everyone can appreciate anything at anytime at any age.

But for some unexplained reason, at this age it's just sweeter. 

xo,
Fabulously Fourty(ish)

No comments:

Post a Comment